The small mountain lake near the Fuorcla Surlej is situated at 1755m above sea level. On the Fuorcla Surlej, hikers can enjoy a breathtaking panorama of the Bernina massif. The mountain lake can only be reached on foot from Silvaplana, St. Moritz Bad, from Val Roseg and from the Murtèl mountain station. If you would like to go on a longer mountain hike, we recommend the hike from St. Moritz-Bad over the Hahnensee, where there is a fantastic view of the Silvaplaner- Silsersee on the way.
Duration of the hike from the starting point to Fuorcla Surlej:
- from the top station Murtèl: approx. 1h
- from Hotel Roseg Glacier: approx. 2h
- from St. Moritz Bad via Hahnensee: approx. 3h 45min (mountain restaurant Hahnensee)
- from Pontresina railway station via Val Roseg: approx. 4h
- from Silvaplana-Surlej, Corvatsch valley station via Alp Surlej: about 3h