" Open Doors Engadin - Mili Weber Museum Download_on_the_App_Store_Badge_US-UK_RGB_blk_4SVG_092917 ic_keyboard_arrow_right_48px default-skin 2 estm_eng_2chair_lift estm_eng_3chair_lift estm_eng_4chair_liftestm_eng_6chair_liftestm_eng_aerial_cableway estm_eng_funicularestm_eng_gondola_cableway estm_eng_magic_carpet estm_eng_ponylift estm_eng_ski_lift estm_eng_snowtube 4_close Generated by Fontastic.me stm_booking_bergellstm_booking_bike_hotelstm_booking_bus_cable_railway_asteriskstm_booking_busstm_booking_bus_cable_railwaystm_booking_bus_cable_railway_asteriskstm_booking_golfhotelstm_booking_hotel_skipass_bstm_booking_hotel_skipass_bstm_booking_railway_incstm_booking_railway_inc_asterisk

Open Doors Engadin - Mili Weber Museum

St. Moritz

Open Doors Engadin - Mili Weber Museum

St. Moritz
Architecture walk - open doors in the Engadin and Bergell

The Mili Weber Museum The small house on the edge of the forest with a wide view of the lake and mountains was built by Mili Weber's brother Emil in 1917 as a log building on a stone base. On the upper floor, the massive walls with funnel windows and bay windows typical of the Engadin are interlocked with the chalet type. The building inventory of the municipality of St. Moritz identifies the building as worthy of protection and also attributes a high situational value to it in conjunction with the neighboring rustic small buildings on Via Dimlej 37 and 39, also designed by Emil Weber.

The Foundation The "Mili Weber Foundation St. Moritz" was founded by the artist herself in 1974. The Mili Weber Foundation owns the artist's house with original furniture and the associated hay barn, manger and garden, the artist's extensive estate, consisting of drawings, watercolors, oil paintings, manuscripts, song compositions and dollhouse, as well as the flower paintings and handcrafted objects of her half-sister Anna Haller and numerous sketchbooks, plans and small objects of her brothers Emil and Otto Weber.

With Dr. phil. Leza Dosch, art and architecture historian.

The main focus is on the architecture of the Mili Weber Museum, which was built by Emil Weber in 1917. Emil Weber was a cabinet maker and architect and from 1905 - around 1945 was employed by Nicolaus Hartmann junior in St. Moritz. Guided tour with a focus on the work of Emil Weber.

Meeting point: in front of the house

Dates
29. 30. June 2024

Saturday | 29.06.2024

from 14:00 – 15:00

Sunday | 30.06.2024

from 11:00 – 12:00
Place
Mili Weber Museum, Via Dimlej 35, St. Moritz
Price
free admission
Reservation
Yes
Buy tickets online
Online booking
More Information
Verein Open Doors Engadin c/o Christoph Oggenfuss
Via Mott di Larasc 20
Maloja
opendoors-engadin.org/
office@opendoors-engadin.org