Here are some useful tips to help you avoid getting into difficult situations:
- Do not leave your children unsupervised at any time.
- Do not enter the water with a full stomach or on a completely empty stomach.
- Your body needs time to adjust, so never jump into the water if you’re overheated. Keep in mind that rivers take longer than lakes to warm up.
- Take care when jumping into rivers or lakes. You could injure yourself otherwise.
- When swimming, keep a lookout for flotsam and/or any obstacles beneath the surface like bulky objects.
- Never undertake to swim alone over long distances.
- Lilos and swimming aids are no guarantee of personal safety.
- The open waters of the Engadin are unsupervised. Apply extra caution!